Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use sine wave transformer to square wave inverter kit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakir

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I was made a sine wave base inverter transformer. now i want to use it to a square wave inverter kit board. can i do it?

You may notice that the transformer of sine wave inverter has 0V - 8V primary to 0V - 220V/240V secondary winding. But for a square wave inverter kit, you require a transformer of 12V - 0V - 12V (Bifiler winding) primary to 0V - 230V secondary winding with a tap at 160/170V (for CCCV SCR/TRIAC charging). So normally it is not possible to use the transformer with square wave inverter kit. I am writing from my practical experience.

Yes
Generally, sign wave transformer will handle the same power in square wave too
While designing a transformer, sign or squire is an insignificant design parameter.
According to area product method, sign wave transformer sizes are 10% less than square wave transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.