Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi anisotropic slab in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuroSamuro

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey there,

I want to define a bianisotropic slab ( i have the required 4 matrices),

how do i do it using hfss?

thanks a lot!

Create a new material (Tools -> Edit Libraries -> Materials, press "Add Material" at the bottom). A window will pop up with the various properties. Select the drop down menu for the relevant items in the "Type" column, the default is "Simple" -- you want "Tensor".

Create a new material (Tools -> Edit Libraries -> Materials, press "Add Material" at the bottom). A window will pop up with the various properties. Select the drop down menu for the relevant items in the "Type" column, the default is "Simple" -- you want "Tensor".

Well,

I found how to make mu and epsilon matrices, but what about coupling matrices?
I dont think that they are there...

In the following picture u can see zeta and Xsi, which i call them couplling matrices:

matrices.png

Another issue, what is the loss tangent for mu?
i mean, tan(delta) is the loss tangent for epsilon, so what is the loss tangent for mu?

thanks

never mind,
I found the tan(dleta) for mu.

I still dont know how to make bi -anisotropic material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back