Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] D-Algorithm for test pattern generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru2kiot

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
For generate test patterns how to apply d-algorithms/podem algorithms steps using verilog??

Please can anyone tell me the procedure how to apply d-algorithms process using verilog???

Using Verilog..........really?

Which ATPG tool are you using?
As far as I know, you have to specify the algo name (along with other necessary parameters) and the tool o/p the patterns for you (generally one writes a script which is input to the ATPG tool).
I would ask you to refer to the user guide your ATPG tool.

Hello dpaul,
Thank you very much for your valuable response......yes for generating test patterns, D-algorithm/podem algorithm steps by using verilog.
and till now I am not used ATPG tools...I am planning to use ATPG tools...but before going use ATPG tools,need to simulate D-algorithm/podem algorithm in verilog...so if you known how to apply the steps in verilog please share...

I have never generated test-patterns at the test-bench level (functional/behavorial simulation stage). The use of tool-generated test-patterns comes in after DFT insertion. What you have mentioned doesn't sound like standard flow to me (correct me if I am wrong). It is best to leave it to the ATPG tool else I guess there is huge complexity.

When I was working with ASICs, I had used ATPG tool (and had configured it to use a particular algo) to generate test-patters to be used by the MBIST engines. It would have been too complex for a Verilog test-bench to generate all those test-patterns which an ATPG tool does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back