Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OpAmp Selection and Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to amplify a 2mV to 6mV DC to 0 to 5V. Can I use OPA350 ? Or should I go for an Instrumentation OpAmp (IOA). If IOA then please specify which OpAmp I can use.

Hi,

You are asking us to "specify" something. Interesting.

All we know is 2..6mV and 0..5V. What else can we specify?
I'd say at least 95% of all OPAMPs are able to amplify a 2..6mV signal to a 0..5V signal.

Really. YOU have to specify:
* signal frequency range
* power supply voltage(s)
* allowed current consumption
* signal source impedance
* expected DC accuracy
* expected noise
* signal waveform
* allowed distortion
* settling time
* output drive current / load impedance
After these informations you automatically find out if a usual OPAMP will do, or you need an InstrumentationAmp.

Next time,
* please take any OPAMP datasheet and go through the specification table step by step and decide your application's limits.
* and/or go to any online Opamp selection guide and input your specifications.

Examples (all can be 2..6mV to 0..5V)
* if you want to amplify low frequency signals (temperature, weight) you are interested in DC performance (low offset error)
* if you want to amplify audio signal, you maybe don't care about offset, but low noise and low distortion
* if you build a handheld measurement device you are interested in low power consumption
* if you want to measure current signal (via shunt) of a 1MHz SMPS, you are interested in fast settling time

Klaus

I have to interface this Load Cell to PIC.

http://www.chinesesensor.com/English/show.asp?id=148

Can I use PIC16F1708's internal OpAMp (single OpAmp stage) ? I will be measuring only 0 to 15 Kgs.

I need a simple and economical circuit.

Power supply to PIC will be 5V. OpAmp will be internally powered.

**broken link removed**

When the container is fully loaded, weight is 29.4 kg.
When the container is empty, weight is 15.2 kg.( Weight of the container is 15.2kg and the weight of the liquid in the container is 14.2kg)
When the container is fully loaded, output of the load cell is approx 6mv and during no load condition, it's around 2 mV.

Range of weight needed to be measured is 15 kg to 40 kg.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.