Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Very Low Differential voltage amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.
My amp is near 100dB with near 200MHz bandwidth for half a µA! But not stable at all!

Vout_Diff1.png

I know it's challenging, but if it wasn't I would have been jobless!

Ofc it wont be stable compensation will decrease your bandwidth. If you design 2 stage without compensation your bandwidth becomes high but it is useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait i will find you a solution. I have to check my old designs of ultra low power opamp. I will come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you have to know what is your load capacitance. You have to include Cload in your design.

Ofc it wont be stable compensation will decrease your bandwidth. If you design 2 stage without compensation your bandwidth becomes high but it is useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait i will find you a solution. I have to check my old designs of ultra low power opamp. I will come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you have to know what is your load capacitance. You have to include Cload in your design.

Yes, a load is included at the end of the design. But the amp is driving a comparator, so very small load, hopefully! That's the only way to reach such a high gain with low current! ;)

Don't be in a hurry, I'm also working on it! Thank you anyway!

what is your CL value?

- - - Updated - - -

also cau you give me your tech hspice models ?

models of PMOS and NMOS

The CL value is small, like input MOS transistor (Grid). 10fF is good enough.
I spent the day trying to design OpAmp with variable gain (resistor feedback), but seems to be so tricky! Not able to get InM = InP!
I'm sorry but I don't have access to the models of my transistors.

Hi Ata_sa16, thank you for your help.
I try to design a telescopic opamp, just on diff pair. All transistors in sub th, I'm able to achieve 67dB from DC to 1MHz (-3dB) with a GBW around 1GHz. Even this, it's not enough, not sure a 30dB gain opamp will be suitable. **broken link removed**

Well, I think my comparator has to be improved. May be I'll try your design, the trouble with the telescopic cascode pair is that the inputs are very bias dependent. A small change of the Vdc move drastically the gain...

You could use a cross coupled pair for amplification like a strongARM latch.

Reactions: Fabien

Fabien

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You could use a cross coupled pair for amplification like a strongARM latch.

Hi Deba, thank you for your reply! Never heard about StrongARM latch, but after a quick reading of papers it seems to be very interessting! I think it will be suitable for my need.
Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back