Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question on op amp circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I had a question in op amp?
If we provide equal dc voltages to an op amp it will produce some voltage 'Veq'.
The op amp has a finite gain. My understanding is, if we use this circuit in a negative feedback loop of another circuit X, its input voltages come closer to each other.
However they do not necessary become exactly equal. I think, they will become equal when the circuit X requires the op amp output voltage to be Veq for stabilization.
In other cases, when inputs are not exactly equal, what is this input difference called? Is it input offset voltage?

Hi,

When OPAMP input voltage are not equal then it mainly has those causes:
* OPAMP is out of regulation (saturated output)
* OPAMP input offset voltage
* OPAMP gain. V_Out = VIn_diff x open_loop_gain therefore V_In_diff = V_out / open_loop_gain

Please provide a picture to show your circuit and describe the issue more detailed (with the help of the picture).

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.