Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer function of PSFB converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswaIITH

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I read in a well-known text book for SMPS that the transfer function of buck,boost and buck-boost converters can be easily adapted to their transformer isolated versions(i.e. full bridge,forward,flyback etc) as magnetizing inductance of the transformer has negligible effect over the dynamics of the transfer functions.

Line to output t/f will be multiplied by respective turns ratio and control to output t/f will be same

I have basically a query regarding full bridge converter

1)Will small signal modelling and hence transfer function of PSFB be same as full bridge converter which in turn is same as buck converter???

Could you please post your work out of the transfer function of the same using the method that you just told.

As far as continuous conducting mode (CCM) is considered, the switching stage can be modeled as a controlled voltage source in equivalent circuit. Thus there's no difference between singled ended buck or bridge converter. Relevant parameters for the transfer function are modulator dead time and output LC filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.