Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO line and load regulation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

satiz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am using LM1085 in one of my design, Instead of 5 Volts output I am getting 4.75 volts only. Any one please explain me why this happening ? Also at 300mA load LDO getting heat. input to the LDO is 12 Volts. Schematic is attached for your reference.

LDO.png

Hi,

The schematic you posted is an example schematic. There is a goid chance that this circuit will work. ;-)
Therefore I assume: not the given schematic is wrong, but your circuit hase some issues.

But we need to see your curcuit. And how you wired it. And what your voltages are. What circuit you used.
--> pictures of your circuit with additional informations.
Like: when the output voltage us only 4.75V...what is your measured input voltage at the same time?

Urgent: read the whole datasheet. (That's what we need to do, too) and carefully follow the instructions, calculations, design considerations, layout considerations..

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back