Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 communicating on IO pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sairfan1

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have done some basic work with module ESP8266 like serial communication, I found some projects on internet where IO of this module was used to communicate with DS18B20 and DHT22 sensors.

I referred to datasheet but could not find anything helpful to read/write ESP8266 IO. Please help.

Thanks.

To read/write GPIO pins in ESP8266 , you have to flash a custom firmware.

ESP8266 will not control i/o pins by default.

you can use arduino ide to program esp12e and use digital pin to interface ds1820 / dht22 sensor . arduino code will work you just have to use exact pin you want to use .

I would like to learn both methods to select most suitable
@srizbf can you please bit explain what IDE to use for code, and how to program memory chip located beside?

@santoshaxl your method looks more state forward, what do you mean by "exact pin" mcu pin number must match arduino's pin number? does EPS12E expose program pins too?

Thanks

exact pin in the sense if you want to use adc then you must define A0 and similarly for other digital pins pls refer arduino pin mapping for esp12e

here is the pic this will give you a clear idea FPVE4YCIKLFP40J.MEDIUM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The I/O pins of ESP8266 communicate or input/output max 3.3V only. i.e. the pins are NOT 5V tolerant inputs.

and what i understand is, this module can be directly programmed by arduino ide. i was looking at its datasheet what are the program pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.