Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Checking design rule with Calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
Is anyone familiar with these design rule {ESD.28g , OD.R.1 , DRM.R.1 } which my design has not passed them? Can anyone help me to fix them? Are they major problems or the could be waived?

ESD.28g { @ESD implant is required for High Voltage Tolerant I/O designed by 3.3V NMOS device for 5V signal input or 2.5V NMOS device for 3.3V signal input at I/O pad. .....}

OD.R.1 { @{OD or DOD} local density over window 500 * 500 um stepping OD_R_Sum >= 0.2 ....}

DRM.R.1 { @DRM.R.1 is a warning message to remind the users to check the related DRMs. Please refer to DRM.R.1 in the DRM for details}

I appreciate any help in advance.

Hi everyone,
Is anyone familiar with these design rule {ESD.28g , OD.R.1 , DRM.R.1 } which my design has not passed them? Can anyone help me to fix them? Are they major problems or the could be waived?

ESD.28g { @ESD implant is required for High Voltage Tolerant I/O designed by 3.3V NMOS device for 5V signal input or 2.5V NMOS device for 3.3V signal input at I/O pad. .....}

OD.R.1 { @{OD or DOD} local density over window 500 * 500 um stepping OD_R_Sum >= 0.2 ....}

DRM.R.1 { @DRM.R.1 is a warning message to remind the users to check the related DRMs. Please refer to DRM.R.1 in the DRM for details}

I appreciate any help in advance.

this is TSMC, correct?

some ESD rules can be fixed by putting voltage markers, some are expected and can be waived. your IP should have a list of rules that it "violates"
The OD rule can be a recommendation only and might not be enforced, I am not sure. Being a density rule, it is likely you forgot to run some fill script.
The last one is meaningless.

this is TSMC, correct?

some ESD rules can be fixed by putting voltage markers, some are expected and can be waived. your IP should have a list of rules that it "violates"
The OD rule can be a recommendation only and might not be enforced, I am not sure. Being a density rule, it is likely you forgot to run some fill script.
The last one is meaningless.

Thanks for your response.
Actually when I submitted my design to Mosis I received a message that OD layer density is below 25% which is required by tsmc 180. It was 15% before inserting filler cells. Now it is 22% after inserting filler cells! it is still below the threshold. Can this warning in Calibre OD.R.1 be related to OD layer density?
One interesting thing is that Hercules does not show any errors after checking design rule file, do you think would that be enough to trust Hercules?
About the ESD warning, all the I/O cells have this problem! Flat count which is shown in Calibre is equal to the number of I/Os! I didnt understand what you mean by putting voltage markers? Would you please explain it a little more.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your response.
Actually when I submitted my design to Mosis I received a message that OD layer density is below 25% which is required by tsmc 180. It was 15% before inserting filler cells. Now it is 22% after inserting filler cells! it is still below the threshold. Can this warning in Calibre OD.R.1 be related to OD layer density?
One interesting thing is that Hercules does not show any errors after checking design rule file, do you think would that be enough to trust Hercules?
About the ESD warning, all the I/O cells have this problem! Flat count which is shown in Calibre is equal to the number of I/Os! I didnt understand what you mean by putting voltage markers? Would you please explain it a little more.
Thanks in advance.

How did you get OD density to be so low? Do you have lots of white spaces or areas that have no transistors? That rule is 100% about density, no doubt. You might have to rethink your floorplan.
Voltage markers are used to identify nets that are high voltage, say 5V IO. It's just a marker that you put on the net, it's not a physical layer. It helps with LVS/DRC and maybe will solve the issues you are seeing. The documentation should mention something if those markers are necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back