Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The LDO product with buffered reference ouput

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All, I am searching for an LDO product to building a normal 6V Vin and adjustable Vout circuits. I also want to have a buffered Vref signal from bandgap circuit for some other signal processing.

However, I do not find this kind of products, because most LDO do not provide a pin for the buffered Vref. The only similar thing I found is DDR memory termination regulator, such as 57814. These regulators can support external reference input and provide a buffered output of Vref. However, they can only support around 3.6V Vin.

Can anyone help me finding the proper products? Thank you!

Are you completely against the idea of just putting a
tiny 3-terminal reference IC on the board? I see precision
voltage references seem to be more expensive than LDOs
these days (probably due to way more volume in LDOs).
Maybe just use a second cheapo adjustable LDO with
output shorted to feedback point, which makes VOUT=VREF?

Are you completely against the idea of just putting a
tiny 3-terminal reference IC on the board? I see precision
voltage references seem to be more expensive than LDOs
these days (probably due to way more volume in LDOs).
Maybe just use a second cheapo adjustable LDO with
output shorted to feedback point, which makes VOUT=VREF?

Hi dick_freebird, for my case the space is more important than the price and the precision. So if one LDO chip contains a buffered Vref, that would be a perfect solution. Because this buffered Vref will be used for some other signal conditioning, such as the input of the comparatos. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.