Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The I2C accelerometer does not work ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondalot

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey

I am using the accelerometer MMA7455, this works to 2.4 to 3.6V, while the entire board works at 5V.
To maintain the same voltages of the circuit board and accelerometer, I put the TXB0108 that is able to raise the voltage to 5V (3.3V to 5V).
By putting up the circuit I do not receive the coordinates X, Y, Z in the Display.

If not because of TXB0108 or otherwise, or should also have put other pull-up resistors on the lines between the MMA7455 and TXB0108 (B_SDA_A and B_SCL_A).
Where you could be wrong?

attached circuit diagram.

MM7455 and TXB0108.jpg

Thank you.

a pullup on the lines between the MMA7455 and TXB0108 (B_SDA_A and B_SCL_A) is necessary.

Hi,

...and: don´t leave unused inputs floating. Never. Unless it is explicitely mentioned in the datasheet.

laus

Status
Not open for further replies.