Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altara EPM3032 MAX CPLD Icc determination concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akanimo

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I determine the moderate values to limit Iccint and Iccio to, or the series resistor to connect on each respective line?

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't see how you can limit Iccint and Iccio to safe values by series resistors and maintain the specified supply voltage range at the same time. If it makes sense at all, you could use a current limiting supply switch.

FvM, how should I do it? Please guide me.

RvM, I want to connect VCCINT (3.3V) and VCCIO (3.3V) to the CPLD. I seek the right way to do it.

Hi,

so where is the problem?

For sure you need a 3.3V power supply. (if you don´t have, you need to buy or build one)

* Then connect Supply_GND to CPLD_GND
* and connect Supply_3V3 with CPLD_VCCINT and CPLD_VCCIO

Klaus

I am to power it from a 3V3 output of a CCM flyback. My concern is whether the line just goes straight from the positive of the flyback output to the VCCINT and VCCIO pins without involving any other component.

Hi,

* Then connect Supply_GND to CPLD_GND
* and connect Supply_3V3 with CPLD_VCCINT and CPLD_VCCIO
nothing else.

Klaus

Other components will be bypass capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back