Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bits to be set for Reverse Loopback Mode in Altera Arria 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

biju4u90

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to enable Reverse Loopback Mode (pre - CDR) in Arria 10 Transceiver PHY. In the User guide of the same, it is seen that I should perform a read-modify-write to address 0x2E1 to set bit 0 to 1’b1 for "serial loopback mode". But in the excel sheet for register map, it is given that 0x2E1 enables the rx_seriallopbken feature in the transceiver. Setting 1’b1 enables reverse serial loopback. So, should I set 0x2E1 to 1'b1 for reverse serial loopback mode??
Again, in the Transceiver PHY user guide, it is said to set 0x13C[7], 0x11D[0], 0x132[5:4], 0x137[7], 0x142[4] for reverse serial loopback mode. But I don't see any explanation what changes these bit settings do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back