Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding On chip interconnect dimensions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit_1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

The technology node defines the device channel length. The transistor fabricated in an IC on a wafer acts as a unit block for the entire IC. The billions of such transistors fabricated on the IC completes the Front End of Line (FEOL) part.
The Back End of Line (BEOL) consists of proper interconnections among the billions of transistors present in the IC with the help of interconnects in the form of severeal metal layers and vias.

Now, my doubt is, as we can know the device channel length from the corresponding technology node from the ITRS (International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors) website, so is there some way to get the range of dimensions (l,d,w,h) and materials used for interconnects that serves the purpose of interconnection among several transistors at several layers (local, intermediate and global) to the particular technology node from ITRS website?

The reason behind this doubt is that I want to calculate the parasitic values(RLC) for the on chip interconnects like CNTs, GNRs. But for calculating these, I need to have information regarding the on chip interconnects dimensions that are used at a particular technology node.

Thanks,

Amit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back