Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] What Is Compiler and Programmer (Hardware) For MC68HC705 & GAL16V8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajay

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I need some help from you, could anyone know what is Compiler and Hardware (Programmer) for IC MC68HC705 & IC GAL16V8D.

If you have a schematic for hardware please share here or you have a link for buy online.

Thankyou.
SB.
:):):):).

Hi,

HC68 is a microcontroller. --> Decide what programming language you want to use. Look for HC68 compiler.
GAL16 is an old GAL (PAL). it is no controller. No programming language like "C". it´s more a hardware description langauge like "verilog" or "VHDL".

Klaus

Does the 68HC705 has a quartz window for UV to erase the program inside? If not, it is an OTP mcu and can only be programmed once.

Both the 68hc705 and GAL need dedicated programmers. Some universal programmers can program both chips. You can check eBay and major electronics stores for their programmers...

Both of them are OTP

Easyrider83, GAL are electrically erasable parts, they were definitely re-programmable. I designed a number of boards that had dozens of them.

Also according to the the memory in that processor is EEPROM, therefore it's also re-programmable.

68HC705 is 6805 processor core. I'm not aware of a free C compiler supporting it, SDCC apparently does not.

I think, the only plausible reason to use 68HC705 these days is if you are maintaining an old hardware platform that uses this processor and you e.g. want to reprogram it.

PALCE16V8 is supported by Lattice ispLever Classic tool which includes a VHDL compiler, the Jedec files should work for GAL16V8 as well. In older days, we used Boolean equations and PALASM for GAL programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.