Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDR3 routing high speed signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun79595

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am new to this PCb design field, I have few doubts as i started working on High speed designs,

1. Routing DDR3 signals on top layer instead of inner layer which one is preferred, in my design it is on top and bottom layer. what is the advantage?
2. Address and clock on separated layer, data on other layer what i can do if there is no space to route data signal separately.how i can proceed?
3. Spacing for each signal is 1x, 3x for Diff. pairs but how to follow the rules if i do not have enough room for it

You can find a lot of info on how to route DDR3 memory lanes. Try google!

By the way, if you are new to the pcb design field, do you think it is a good idea to start with DDR3 layout?????

By the way, if you are new to the pcb design field, do you think it is a good idea to start with DDR3 layout?????

Pun intended? ;-)

Not at all! A DDR routing is very complex.
Someone new to PCB design should start with simpler stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back