Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project for interested novice that will give him most taste of electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakub_friso

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that there is plenty of stuff on the internet titled: Electronics Projects for Beginners. But I´m looking for a different advice, and for that, I think I need to ask directly professional and more skilled folks that I hopefully will find in here.

I'm very interested in electronics but I want to test my interest by actually building something with electronics. Than. after first experience I will further my studies. or not.

Now, my question is:

What is the project that will give me the most taste of what electronics are about?

What project would you recommend to a novice to introduce him to world of electronics?

With all the nuances but also the rough stuff. It doesn't have to be simple - just full of experience. So that at the end of its creation, I will know REALLY what electronics are about. Or at least partially...

I'm seeking this question because I was looking for many beginner projects - but I'm not looking for to easiest one - that's mostly what these projects are about, connecting this wire to that wire to light this...

I´m looking for the full (and maybe rough) experience, but as a novice, I can't assume what project will give it to me. And internet is not helping on this topic...

I was thinking about few inventions like: speakers, solar charger, watering system ... but how good are they for beginner?

I hope that I'm asking a relevant and understandable question. And I value every piece of an advice...

And please, don't worry about knowledge, I will learn everything that I would need for that project - just give me a platform.

Thank you.

* Attach ten led's to a 3914 IC. Turn it into a house voltage monitor, or vehicle voltmeter. (This inexpensive voltmeter displays momentary cranking voltage. Ordinary voltmeters respond slowly so you can't be certain how low the voltage dropped.)

* Stroboscope made with bright white led and 555 IC pulse generator.

* Stair light (or bathroom light), set to turn on when blackout strikes. Hook up a bright white led to batteries and relay. Relay is held open as long as mains AC is working.

Hi Jacob,
Personal experience is that any project you/one feel/feels enthusiastic about will/should be a great learning experience, both for theory/knowledge building and practical tasks.

"Easy" circuits perhaps do not exist, and some "simple" circuits may turn into a headache/battle and a BIG learning curve...

If you're not especially keen on analogue design, maybe worth going with a simple PIC based circuit, that way you can get to grips with components and code, which I wish I had done. There are lots of Arduino and Pi, etc. based projects with plenty of resources on the Internet, if that's something you might be curious about.

If you're a true beginner, not a student with reasonable knowledge, keep it simple is my advice, choose something you like and could use. Nothing sadder than the cupboard of forgotten, lonely, unused circuits :)

It depends what other fields you are interested in.

Personal interests could be as diverse as, audio hi/fi, robotics, models and radio control, amateur radio and communications, microcontrollers and software, automotive gadgets, and many many other very different applications of electronics.

The electronics involved is really only a means to an end. Think of something you have always wanted, and would like to make yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back