Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital oscop + matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara1991

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how I can analize waveform of digital osiloscop in matlab simulink?:sad:

Hi,

First you have to decide what you want to analyze:
* average
* RMS
* timings
* thd
* noise
* or maybe hundreds of other things

My general answer to your general question is: use the correct mathematical formulas.

Klaus

There are different options to interface the oscilloscope with Matlab. Most oscilloscopes have Ethernet or USB interfaces and provide drivers for PC connection. You can write Matlab code that connects to the oscilloscope and reads a recorded waveform. You can also write a measurement as binary or formatted text file to an USB stick and import it to Matlab.

Put a pen in the oscilloscope and save the graph.
Then it generates a file with the corresponding points of the graph.
Plot these points in Matlab.

thanks for your answer but I need to calculate power factor from V and I waveform .What is your solution?

Is that a problem is nothing special import in Matlab?

Why dont u see the power factor directly in the oscilloscope?
Put a probe with V, another special probe to "transform" current into voltage so the oscilloscope can measure it and then see the time difference...

how use data from exel in matlab?

My digital oscilloscope waveforms stored in my USB. The data opens in Excel . I transfer the data into MATLAB and stored in a matrix. Now for calculating power factor with using the voltage and current data what to do exactly?:???::???::cry:

Hi,

Power_factor = real_power / apparent_power

Apparent_power = V_rms x I_rms

Real_power = integral[0 to t] (V_t x I_t) / t

Klaus

Hi,

Power_factor = real_power / apparent_power

Apparent_power = V_rms x I_rms

Real_power = integral[0 to t] (V_t x I_t) / t

Klaus

Klaus is right but if u are dealing with a 3 phase system dont forget to multiply by the number of phases.

I know it but it is difficult to transfer Excel data into MATLAB Simulink. Of course I do it with FROMWORKSPACE block that shows wrongwaveform . What's the solution?

Hi,

Please be more specific.

Step by step. Decide which steps you have to do. Then solve one step after the other.

What (single item) you want to do first? And what is your problem with this item?
Now it's confusing.
At the beginning you talked about "analyze", but you did't say what to analyze.

Then for me it seemd as there was a mathematical problem
Then an interface problem how to transmit the data.
Now it seems you talk about a windows problemhiw to open a file. ( hint: use "open with.." to open the file other than with excel)

Again: Please solve one problem, then talk about the next problem.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.