Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do GPRS modems with inbuilt TCP/IP stack have also an inbuilt PPP stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuldeep

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does GPRS modems with inbuilt TCP/IP stack have inbuilt PPP stack also.

If yes then how to establish internet connection.

if not then how to implement the ppp stack(LCP/PAP) on an 8-bit microcontroller.

gprs ppp stack

HI Kuldeep,

If a GSM/GPRS Modem with TCP/IP stack in built, it will have a PPP stack as with out it, it will not work in TCP/IP mode.

I will show the flow plan.

Serial --- PAP --- PPP ----- UDP ------ IP ----- TCP.

for reaching TCP its should pass through PPP or SLIP

kuldeep

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ppp protocol gprs

You can take a loog at GM862-GPRS ( www.gm862.com ). It has an EASY GPRS, which is basically the TCP/IP stack. There are some AT commands used to set the gprs parameters (APN, Username, pwd, peer name, protocol), and with the AT#SKTOP command you can open a socket. It is very easy to use. All the PPP protocols are inside the modem.

/pisoiu

kuldeep

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
gprs ppp ip

I'm using BENQ M22 modem, its said that it has inbuilt TCP/IP stack but nothing is mentioned about PPP stack; so i assume that PPP protocol has to be implemented by me.

I have to implement this protocol using 8-bit controller, please provide be with some practical suggestions and resources.

gm862 gprs parameter

If your Benq M22 has built in TCP/IP stack, it must be have PPP stack as well.

easy gprs ppp

hello

do you have expirience with gm862 and 8 bit controller .
iam trying to connect but without succeed after dialing *99..
i dont know what to do

thanks
v.

gsm gprs modem ppp

reflectarray said:
If your Benq M22 has built in TCP/IP stack, it must be have PPP stack as well.

Not really,
basically when a gprs/modem maker offers his TCP/IP stacks, it means a modem capable to send GPRS packets over UDP or TCP conections, but using his own transfer/setup mechanism.
in order to use ppp, the TCP/Stack must reside on a host (i.e. external Microcontrolleror even tough a PC), this is who MUST make ALL the work.

kuldeep:

wich modem are you using ?, speaking in general all brands offers friendly methods to transfer data using its stack, all you need to do, is read the manual and then hands on !

alimog:

dialing only the *99# puts the modem (brand dependent) in data mode or start an GPRS conection,in response to this, u must B able to talk with your device to make the desired functionality !!!!

** Cheers ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back