Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Reputable shop for board repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosted67

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey this was the closest thing I could find to find this thread. Wondering if anyone could help me out.

I see lots of places to send boards off to be looked at/repaired. Thought this would be a good place for a reference. I have two servo boards off a Yasnac controller off my lathe. They want 3k for the boards. Trying to find a competent place to repair was is broken instead of blindly replacing parts or just over paying if 1-2 things need replacing.

Thanx in advance. Ask any questions if you need. Happy to answer

It would help if you tell the malfunction, what circumstances caused it, etc. Also do you spot burned components? Bulging capacitors? It's a tall order to expect anyone to solve your problem over the internet, although a reader might be able to narrow down to one or two possibilities.

Be surprised if you can find a storefront electronics technician who will promise to diagnose your circuit boards. Expect him to charge money ahead of time. He might be successful or he might not. And after that, repair may or may not be feasible.

It would help if you tell the malfunction, what circumstances caused it, etc. Also do you spot burned components? Bulging capacitors? It's a tall order to expect anyone to solve your problem over the internet, although a reader might be able to narrow down to one or two possibilities.

Be surprised if you can find a storefront electronics technician who will promise to diagnose your circuit boards. Expect him to charge money ahead of time. He might be successful or he might not. And after that, repair may or may not be feasible.

Nah thread just got moved here. Not interested in fixing myself. That's why I didn't post it in this section but oh well.
I didn't see anything obvious. The codes the machine is throwing all point to the servo boards. Just looking for a good company to send it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.