Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non isolated dc- dc converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjtpower

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking to design a Non-isolated DC-DC Converter with POWER Integration Tool.

Input specs:90-270VAC

Output:12v-500mA (Max)

The design should be transformeless.. can include only inductors cos it is Non-isolated converter.
I have gone thru Linkswitch in PI-Expert, But i am not getting the Non isolated design options.

Kindly Help with weblinks

Marx

Using a flyback converter with small transformer will give much better efficiency than a single inductor buck converter, whether you want an isolated design or not. Because the switched power of a buck converter is input current * output current, resulting in respective switching losses. A Vin/Vout ratio above 20 isn't suitable for a buck converter.

I am looking to design a Non-isolated DC-DC Converter with POWER Integration Tool.

Input specs:90-270VAC

Output:12v-500mA (Max)

The design should be transformeless.. can include only inductors cos it is Non-isolated converter.
I have gone thru Linkswitch in PI-Expert, But i am not getting the Non isolated design options.

Kindly Help with weblinks

Marx

If you cannot use transformers... and keep high efficiency maybe you have to employ interleaved bucks.
As FvM says... i think it's not a good idea to use buck converter...but here it is a simple calculator to design it fastly:
https://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Switching-Converter-Calculator.phtml

Status
Not open for further replies.