Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring residual voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathias2016

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I wish to design a simple residual voltage meter for Clause 22.5 of IEC 60335-1?

I do not have Access to this standard yet but at the end I will need (as far as I know):

- a controllabe switch between 230Vac source and a load. That switch must be possible to switch off at peak of the sinus and leackage of the switch must be very low - it also should be fast enought

- oscilloscope (or timer and ADC converter) to measure voltage (to check if voltage exceed 34V after 1s.)

With our current electronics I could make "controllable" switch very easy.... I can rectify AC do DC and so I have no problem regarding detection of peak voltage and switch off timing. But I can not use such solution on all AC electronics we are planning to make so... I would be very thankfull for any ideas/advice what kind of "switch" to use. Relay is too slow - with delay function I can mitigate this problem.. OK.... Triacs switch off at ZC....Maybe 2 opposite MOSFET?

Thank you for any ideas/advice in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back