Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable IC for multiplexing MCU pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sairfan1

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In past I multiplexed UART with CD4052 IC, currently I'm in a situation where I want to multiplex 8 MCU pins for two different types of TFTs (at 3.3v).

I want to know ICs who have 4/8 inputs and outputs, please refer to attached image.

switch.png

Hi,

Look for
"4PDT" or "4 channel 2:1 Mux"

Klaus

Added:
At farnell I find 23 devices..

Hi,

Maxim is never a good choice, its always too expensive

I wonder how they can survive...if everybody thinks it is no good choice...nobody would buy from Maxim.

Btw: In our company we use a lot of Maxim parts..Maybe we should give you a job in our company as purchasing agent and safe a lot if money.

Klaus

CD4052 IC is cheap but slow and high ESR (300R)

Maxim make low RdsOn and high speed, and these two metrics increases cost, when needed, it is justified..

Otherwise use cheap CD4052.

4052 is 2-channel 4:1 mux. Nearest solution is 4053 3-channel (unfortunately not 4-channel) 2:1 mux. For cheap and low Rdson solution use 74HC4053 or multiple single gate 74HC1G4053.

@sairfan1, considering that you're on the hardware definition stage of the project, had you considered using another uC of the same family, but with more pins ( of course, if it exists ) ?

I have't decided any yet, will post here my final decision. However @FvM's advise to use multi gate, looks more workable as its cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.