Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FT2232H in Sync FIFO Mode - TXE# stuck high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I´m glad to see all ins fine now...

BTW: I´m interested in the true datarate you achieve. For large file size (> 10kByte).

Klaus

Hi,

I will try to use the 64kBytes buffers and I'll give you an update of my project for the datarate I achieve to reach.
This could take a few days/weeks, and I'll have to communicate with a bigger fpga (the actual one I have in the Morph-IC-II is quite small), which I'm going to do asap.

Alexis.

Hi,

BTW: I´m interested in the true datarate you achieve. For large file size (> 10kByte).
I've reached 32 MByte/s for really large files.

This could go even faster I guess if I was only writing or only reading. At the moment the master of the FIFO reads 64 bytes from the receive buffer, then put 64 bytes in the transmit buffer, and so on (which adds a bit of time compared to reading or writing 64kbytes at once). The PC reads data every time the 64kbytes transmit buffer is full. This is what I need for my application.
Just to say 32MByte/s isn't obtained in the most optimized way.

Alexis.

Hi,

This is a lot more than our 25Mbytes/s...because we are at the limit, i do 't think we can achieve 26Mbytes/s, without changing our system frequency..

Klaus

Hi,

Around 40Mbytes/s now to send data from the pc the the device (with a programmed ack of 64bytes from the device to the pc every 8000bytes).

Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back