Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IBM 0.13um process BN layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

droogie

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does anyone know what the BN (DEV) layer does in the IBM 0.13um (cmrf8sf) process?

I see nobody responding so I'll suggest that while you're
waiting, you find a copy of the design kit docs and find
the mask levels descriptions and groundrules that pertain
to this layer. That ought to be what anybody who uses
the process, would be regurgitating on your behalf.

... what the BN (DEV) layer does in the IBM 0.13um (cmrf8sf) process?

Seems you can't get access to these docs - like anybody else who couldn't register with MOSIS (for example) or Big Blue itself.

As it is DEVice layer, I'd think this is a marking layer for a device, e.g. for a type "B" NMOS transistor (just guessing). If you are trying to "rework" a layout, try and recognize a device structure beneath such a layer marking polygon.

I see nobody responding so I'll suggest that while you're
waiting, you find a copy of the design kit docs and find
the mask levels descriptions and groundrules that pertain
to this layer. That ought to be what anybody who uses
the process, would be regurgitating on your behalf.

Thanks for responding..actually I've already gone through the PDK docs, but it's still somewhat unclear to me.

My objective is to draw an area of active (RX) without any kind of P+ or N+ implant, essentially controlling STI. I read in a paper that BN and BP can be used to control the N+ implant and so was wondering exactly how BN achieves this.

I understand that:

(BP^RX) = P+ implant
RX = N+ implant

This is what I have a doubt with:

(BN^RX^(BP')) = ?

if (RX = active area) then (BP^RX) = P+ implant over field oxide (?)
if (RX = N+ implant) then (BP^RX) = P+ implant ; is correct (but probably not necessary, if BP = P+ implant)

I think BP' is either an extended BP, or an inverted BP ; should be possible to be found in the DRC rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back