Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avarage usable sensitivity radiation measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Some digital circuit has very strong emission spurs, be careful about the noise, could you check the spectrum noise in very narrow band?
2. Osc harmonics must be filtered with LPF, there is some mixed spurs tool, you can use it to calculate the spurs in theory
3. When I worked in NOkia, the phone's PCB has several shilding can with different hole size, obviouly they have different shielding abilities.
4. Sometimes TX and RX needs work together, you only set in RX mode, that is not true, you should test in TRX mode.

Thank tony for reply.Please find the reply in blue that i found the case in several days ago.
1. Some digital circuit has very strong emission spurs, be careful about the noise, could you check the spectrum noise in very narrow band?
I check ed by SA,nothing found except the noise floor,less than -120dBm
2. Osc harmonics must be filtered with LPF, there is some mixed spurs tool, you can use it to calculate the spurs in theory
Coduct measurement is ok,and check the LO harmonic/Spurious by SA,can not found.and field test range,i think it is ok
3. When I worked in NOkia, the phone's PCB has several shilding can with different hole size, obviouly they have different shielding abilities.
All the circuits in shieldcan without hole except connector .
4. Sometimes TX and RX needs work together, you only set in RX mode, that is not true, you should test in TRX mode.
Only one mode can work,it is not the same as mobile that we can use signal mode to control RX and TX on at the same time,it is FM modulation

- - - Updated - - -

Several days ago,for the network problem,it is a bit late to update the case .

It was sad earlier: "he test lab, your radio is way off spec. Also, your range testing also seems to confirm that. Conducted, your receiver sensitivity is excellent - however, radiated sensitivity is a different story."
If the above statement correct one likely problem - mismatched antenna

One problem that I have had in the past is that the center conductor of the antenna does not extend deep enough into the antenna jack on the radio and thus there is no connection between the radio and antenna. Your radiated sensitivity acts like you have no antenna on your radio.

But given that you have not provided any pictures of your radio, all of this is just conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back