Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting an initial condition for VCO simulations in Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a VCO and I would like to set an initial condition to start it

up.

What should I do in SpectreRF ?

Thank you for your reply,

Alez

Re: Setting an initial condition for VCO simulations in Spec

u can set initial condition inside the inductor or capicator which is making ur resonance circuit model...when u initialize into your schematics.
u can also do this goto Analog Design Environment of Cadence. Select Simulation->Convergence aids->Initial Condition
hopefully i will work

But a single pulse current generator will be trigger for the vco. For instance if you connect a pulse current generator without period and very short pulse after a certain time ( for intance 10ns ) this generator will wake-up the circuit. If you have double crossed vco, you may also use time shifted current pulse generators to wake up the transistors with a time delay.
There are many possibilites to wake up the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back