Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze SDK problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ya_montazar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have been create a simple microblaze project with only a 32 bit gpio prepheral. and when I start the sdk, using export w/o bit stream , and creat a new application project, this error occured when trying to build it :
make all
'Building file: ../src/main.cc'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze g++ compiler'
mb-g++ -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../processor_sdk_bsp/microblaze_0/include -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.50.c -mno-xl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -MP -MF"src/main.d" -MT"src/main.d" -o "src/main.o" "../src/main.cc"
mb-g++: fatal error: '-c' is not a valid option to the preprocessor
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/main.o] Error 1

thank you.

Could you explain more detailed how you made SDK project ? How you let SDK know your MB hardware ?

First, create a new source of microblaze in the ise/vivado.
Then you should specify the processor(s) and its peripherals in the XPS environment.
After generating netlist you may export the design into SDK directly or closing XPS and export the design from ise/vivado.
Using MBLAZE is so interesting, however you will face many issues like what I have asked to solve.

First, create a new source of microblaze in the ise/vivado.
Then you should specify the processor(s) and its peripherals in the XPS environment.
After generating netlist you may export the design into SDK directly or closing XPS and export the design from ise/vivado.
Using MBLAZE is so interesting, however you will face many issues like what I have asked to solve.

I have worked with MBlaze on vivado + sdk. It is fine. Not sure about XPS env.
I am looking for a link to the guide document, will get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.