Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium ..which designator text and which value text belongs to which component?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
I have a very tight schematic, and its difficult to see which designator and value text belogs to which comoponent. In Eagle pro you simply click the designator and the component that it belongs to kind of “Highlights”…this isn’t happening in Altium…how do you make it happen?

What happens if you hold down shift before clicking?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks, i hear there is a free schem version of Altium available?.....i think this is desperately needed...Altium needs "homework"'ing on.

As far as I know shift and then click copies the component.

You can also try opening SCH inspector. Go to bottom right corner and click on "SCH" tab then "SCH inspector". This window shows you all the information of the component that you clicked on (Component designator included).
It's a very useful tool because you can also change all the information. You can also click on multiple components at once and then change the value (lets say orientation) to all of them.
This tool also exist for PCB (PCB inspector)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back