Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import from Allegro/Candence to ANSYS Designer/HFSS failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomuricy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm not sure if I have a windows compatibility issue here. I used to work with ANSYS Designer and HFSS importing board files (*.brd) from Allegro PCB Editor and the software recognized the board without problems. It's been a few months since I had done this for the last time and back then I had Windows 7.
Now I'm using Windows 10 and when I try to import the board on Designer I get a "Failed to import" message. The same happens if I try to export from the PCB Editor using the HFSS menu (in this case, the error is "view creation failed").
Can anyone help me here? Do I need to make any kind of configuration to make Ansys "talk" to Allegro in the right way?

Just replying here so I can help anyone who may have the same problem in the future.
I'm using the Ansys Electromagnetics Suite 2014, which is HFSS/Designer 15. Apparently this version does not translate well the Cadence SPB 16.6 files on version of Windows newer than Windows 7. I was using Windows 10.
The problem was the total absence of information on the error sign (it only said "failed to import").

So, I created a virtual machine running Windows 7, installed all the programs and was able to create the Designer project with the PCB from Cadence. After that I just saved the project and transferred it to my Windows 10 pc. Now everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back