Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Importance of ferrite bead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogulcan123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I did a quick search on the internet and could not find a clue about this issue.

I'm using STM32F407VGT6 in my design and I couldn't manage to run the uC yet. I've just figured out that I've used 60Ω ferrite bead instead of 600Ω(FCM1608KF-601T03) and I would like to know if this is a fatal mistake or not.

Is there anyone who as an idea on the purpose or the importance of ferrite bead in a microcontroller circuit?

The full scheme is here:
https://www.st.com/content/ccc/reso...df/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00039084.pdf

The important part of the scheme is here:
uC-ferrite.PNG
Thanks.
Ogulcan

Hi,

The ferrite bead is a part of a low pass filter.

It prevents the high frequency digital switching noise to influence the sensitive analog part (ADC) of the controller.

Klaus

- - - Updated - - -

.. it should work with 60 Ohm ferrite bead as well as with 600 Ohm ferrite bead.

That should not be an issue, at least as far as getting the thing to boot is concerned.

Regards, Dan.

Thank you for your quick replies.

So you don't advise to change it during the debugging process, right? This is the only mistake I've found in my design so far, which made me happy in fact :)

The microcontroller doesn't show any clue of working, even the XTAL is not working.

Ogulcan

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.