Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] M590E GSM Module ON/OFF Recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

iftikhar_es

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'd got NeoWay M590E module from online store, assembled and tested it successfully. ON/OFF pins is pulled down permanently so it starts automatically when power is applied. It gives correct response to AT command issued from hyper terminal when sim card is not inserted.
But it has problem of ON/OFF Recycling when SIM card is present in module. The module starts correctly when power is applied. it recognized the SIM related command in first 4-5 seconds of powering ON. After this time, module restarted (OFF/ON) automatically and issued message MODEM: STARTUP to UART TX
I have also issued AT+enpwrsave =0 but problem did not solved.

Please help me to solve this problem of ON /OFF recycling.

Any solution on software side is nothing else than a mere workaround.
It is not possible to ensure that a flaw condition not tested would not occur.

Update:
The module OFF/ON recycling problem solved after connecting 1000uF capacitor between module +bat & GND.
But network related commands are not working.
+CPAS command returns : 1 unavailable. The command is not allowed by the module terminal (MT).

Update 2:
After increasing capacitance from 1000 uF to 2200 uF between +VBAT & GND, the problem solved. Now I can communicate with M590 by all applicable commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.