Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stem valave as antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on Automotive based project(TPMS). Now our product has PCB trace antenna. In the next version we are planning to add Stem valve as antenna. I do not have any idea about what technique i should use in the PCB to connect with stem valve. I googled and found that most of the product using Antenna strap. But I never saw the technique used in PCB.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

8634625900_1469031074.jpg

[from images .moderntiredealer . com/post/ M-TPMS-G00225420-2.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Why?

Are you going to become a valve stem manufacturer also?
Isn't your receiver right next to the tire?
Do you realized where the valve stem is? Is is on the outside of a tire, nestled up against a heavy metal rim. Your pattern is going to be pointed away from where you want it. You could still probably pick up some of the fringe, but I question the wisdom of this idea.

Also realize that when a tire is replaced, the valve stem is also replaced. Expect a ton of customer blow-back when they have to pony up for the extra cost of new transmitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back