Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stability analysis for multi loop system

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanikiran

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to do stability analysis for multi loop system? Any suggested Papers for this?

How to do stability analysis for multi loop system? Any suggested Papers for this?

As far as I know - it is really a problem to find suitable answers.
According to my experience we can say the following:

* A multi-loop feedback system has more than one single feedback loop (that`s logical).
In most cases, we can identify one or more internal loops and one "outer" overall loop.
In this case, it seems to be the most logical method to use the outer loop only for stability analyses because this is the loop with the largetst time constant
Hence, all internal loops remain closed and the outer loop has to be opened for loop gain analyses.

* There are certainly cases where it is not possible to discriminate between inner and outer loops.
In this case, we have - step by step - to investigate the loop gain (and the corresponding phase margins) of each single loop (all other remain closed).
I think, it makes sense to say: The loop with the smallest stability margin determines the stability properties of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.