Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: What are 1st order, 2nd order and 3rd order or other higher order effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Sharma

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Analog IC- on what bases we define effects in MOS such as first order effect (for exp-channel length modulation) and when we include these in model of MOS? Same as what are second order, third order effect with MOS model.

In short i want to know that what are various effects of order (1,2,3, or ?) possible in MOS and on what bases we distinguish them? When we include which effect and what is the impact if one is not included in model?

ps- i am expecting a long/detailed answer

-Thanks & Regards
Rahul
"Take a step forward 'n' things will start happening automatically"

Last edited:

Re: What are first order, second order and 3rd order or other higher order effects in

Long and detailed answers you can find e.g. in any of the Analog Circuit Design books. Just read/study any of them!

Re: What are first order, second order and 3rd order or other higher order effects in

- - - Updated - - -

Long and detailed answers you can find e.g. in any of the Analog Circuit Design books. Just read/study any of them!

probably you are right and i am asking after reading them... No one has exaustively discuss on what bases they separate them 1st order , 2nd order and so on... another thing is that i didn't find 3rd order effect in any of text book. Now i am wondering whether 3rd and higher exist or not...

I guess now you understand my motive of the question. I need that distinguish factor and clarity on them order wise. I don't need explanation on each individually.

ps- i know a list of secondary effect of MOS which is easily available.

-Thanks & Regards
Rahul
"Take a step forward 'n' things will start happening automatica

Third-order effects generally are described by third order (cubic) equations (which are rather complicated to be solved).
Examples - where you can find more info - are e.g.:

- voltage-versus-frequency characteristics from third order (low, high or band-) pass (loop) filter circuits
- third-order Δ∑ A/D converters
- harmonic distortion, intermodulation (crossover) distortion: the third-order intercept point is traditionally around 10 to 16 dB (a factor of three or four in voltage) above the 1 dB compression point
- third order effects and their compensation at bandgap designs

Status
Not open for further replies.