Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electret microphone element driver, & preamp, with varying impedance output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satchmoeddie

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to put an electrect element in an old Astatic high impedance case, but I will require variable impedance outputs. I will need low (<600 Ohms), so an op amp preamp would be fine, but I also need medium, 1K-10K, and high impedance for old vac tube transmitters.. Is there an easy way to make a preamp or a buffer circuit after a preamp, and EQ that I can switch the impedance on? I do have some Sure Brother's 11K elements, but I'd rather use a 50 cent Hosiden element. Eventually, I can spin form a new diaphragm, and retack the X-tal element to the new diaphragm, using a small spot welder, but that is an expensive repair, and want some other options, that will allow a preamp or EQ even if it is unity gain or even an attenuated level out. I just need to have some way to select the output impedance, and switch it easily. Looking for some ideas here. I have various gear that spans 100 years, and takes various types of input Z for the mic input. Thanks!

Re: Electret microphone element driver, & preamp, with varying impedance output...

I hear a basic misunderstanding about microphone operation. There's absolutely no need for impedance matching, Rsource <= Rload should be sufficient. In practice a simple electret microphone circuit with 1 or 2k resistive output impedance can be expected too fit all applications, using an additional voltage divider if the output level is to high and the transmitter has no level adjusting means.

A 300 Hz (or similar) "speech" high pass filter can be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back