Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Differential Pair Excitation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayyu25

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to simulate a multilayer structure in HFSS 13.0. It is made up of copper planes (PCBs) at the top and bottom and 5 layers of different dielectric materials in between. There are two pairs of cylindrical slots one at the top and one at the bottom, through which differential excitation is to be provided. The differential pair needs to have an impedance of 100 ohm (differential).

I am using driven terminal solution type and using lumped ports for excitation. Please let me know how exactly should I provide the excitation. I tried connecting a 2D rectangular sheet between the cylindrical slots at the top and bottom but it gives me a port refinement error on simulation.

Please Help Urgently.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back