Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in SIM800 with SIM card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish.talaviya

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello....
I am recently purchased SIM800 and It is replaced with SIM900A and changed according to SIM800.
I already refereed datasheets of SIM800 and SIM900A. Both are identical, but slightly changed of pins in SIM800 which are non functional for SIM900A.
Also Voltage Range is different as SIM900A: 3.2V to 4.8V & SIM800: 3.4V to 4.4V. So i changed in supply as i was giving 4.4V to SIM900A and now i am giving 4.1V to SIM800.
SIM900A was working fine with all SIm card and also SIM800 is working fine with AIRTEL & TATA DOCOMO Sim card, but when i replace it with VODAFONE IN or IDEA Sim card, it reset continuous and can not detect Network.
So i can work with AIRTEL & TATA DOCOMO on SIM800 but i can not work with VODAFONE IN or IDEA on SIM800.
If any one knows solution of this problem then Please guide me to solve this problem.

Last edited:

Since sim card are Programmable card, ask the distributor about the version and features of the sim card you are giving. It can be reprogram by the vendor. Meanwhile, use the sim card that are working. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back