Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant current LED driver vs current limiter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguzhankoca

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can constant current LED driver be used instead of current limiter IC? I want to hold the current exact 700 mA. Which one is the solution?

Hi,

A vague description...leads to vague answers..

I assume with "current limiter" you mean someting like a inrush current limiter for transformers.
If this is the case, then it is completely unsuitable for LEDs.

Please give more details or example circuits, links to datasheets, web pages, discussions, or device names.

Klaus

I see, that was my first post, so sorry for deficiency. Changing the subject; does a constant current LED driver like MeanWell HLG-80H-C700, protect LEDs for like breakdown of some of LEDs? I am trying bypass an LED and observing current increases 700mA to 770mA. There are 36 (12 group of 3 series) LEDs working with 12V and each LED has 2.98 V.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back