Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS newbie help - wave ports and feeding - E Field becomes 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malverde

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all, im learning to use HFSS and im facing a bunch of problems with wave ports and feeding. After a few tries i cant make work my design so i beg for help :p.

My problem is that the E Field becomes 0 before reaching the surface which is a perfE. The feeding line is "pec".

Any idea how to solve this?

3b71e26736c812281ffc5ed0168b3412.png

I dont know if i have explained what my my problem is clearly. Also sorry for english, not native.

What you mean by feeding line is PEC?
If you want to define the port then that face must not be PEC.
You can use tutorials about how to define PORTS in HFSS.
I tried to answer what i get from your post.
Explain further if you have issues

Just re-did my design following a tutorial, made only few changes but now works fine. Thank you buddy nomigoraya.

CST has very well elaborated and active online help system if you use the legal software
In case of HFSS it is not the case but still type the issue in Google and i am sure you will find lot of help material and examples.
The best way is always to start with tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back