Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITESH KAKKAR

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
How to start design/building own transformer to learn better.
I have small many times but how to build it??

Hello,
I can't read whole please tell can i start manufacturing of transformer in kva??
please tell of coil size and core material

I read the ludens.cl webpage. Extremely interesting.
A 21st century Robinson Crusoe.

Hello,
I can't read whole please tell can i start manufacturing of transformer in kva??
please tell of coil size and core material

If you can't read that page, which is pretty easy to do for an English speaker/reader, then learn English first.

You continually keep asking for help because you can't read English. How about trying Google translate on the page and convert it to something you can read. Hopefully you aren't so unfortunate to be fluent in some obscure dialect in India that only 10 people speak ;-)

Given your level of knowledge, my advice is to not kill yourself with this kVA sized transformer. I really think you should not do this project, which seems like some large power distribution panel given the other thread you started. I suppose if you stop posting we will know what happened.

Then how other people work in these large voltage ?
have sen someone killed by it?

Hello,
building transformer is so easy i have never think
today i bought
30 gauge copper wire and break in ration of 10:1 i think i have turned on iron nail and used 12V 20Amps supply baecuse 2amp supply was small not capable
so, i turned when the load with led and series resistance it was flashing when i used to touch the wire with source awesome experience.
know i will try to make ac source of some 24V 1.5amp and test i am searching where to buy core and start manufacturing of transformer.

20 amps on 30 AWG wire?
Wound on an iron nail?

??????????????

20 amps on 30 AWG wire?
Wound on an iron nail?

I switch only for short time to see result and how to control current from source 1/4 watt resistance will be destroy
and how to calculate all parameter without oscilloscope.

i know Ohms law" and "AC theory"
V=I*R and AC theory
i want to build Dc to Dc converter i am learning how core changes and other factor make transformer..

- - - Updated - - -

how to find impedance of winding?

- - - Updated - - -

How to find ?
maximum value of the flux in the core

Why are you trying to make a power transformer? I have worked in electronics for 50 years and I have never made a transformer, I simply buy one if I need one. The transformer I buy is made properly by an expert company, is safe and works well.

I am learning basic calculation which will be beneficial for further.
I ahve seen iron nail behave like magnet but in transformer it does not attract the iron why?
how to calculate it magnetizing properties??

- - - Updated - - -

what will happen changing the coil primary and secondary to top layer and down layer?

Attachments

• 20160702_202206.jpg
    20160702_202206.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88

Your nail is just a steel rod that has poor transformer coupling. A transformer is like your nail with its ends connected together in a loop for good coupling.

Most Nails are Mild Steel. Some hardened nails are a Carbon Steel.

A Transformer Core for use on Household, AC Current is made of Silicon Steel.
And usually "EI" Laminates.
The Size of the Core will determine How much Power it can handle.
There are many companies that sell these cores, But usually only Available in VERY LARGE Quantities.

Determining a Transformer Primary for AC Current, requires that you calculate the Input Impedance that is needed for the input Voltage and Frequency that you are working with.

And a 30 AWG wire in a Transformer is Only capable of handling about 150 mA maximum.

And a 30 AWG wire in a Transformer is Only capable of handling about 150 mA maximum.

why how you calculate?

- - - Updated - - -

Determining a Transformer Primary for AC Current, requires that you calculate the Input Impedance that is needed for the input Voltage and Frequency that you are working with.

how to calculate its impedance.

This is a very old value and is overly conservative. Modern transformers happily run at 100C and 30AWG copper wire will happily take 0.5A without fuss.

If you are selling to the Defense, then perhaps 150mA is fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back