Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Application of small microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITESH KAKKAR

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
First I am trying to get understand the application of micro controller like pic and avr where they are practical reliable used then teaching?

ok, i am talking about pic16f877 or pi18 i see arm processor more

i am trying to find application so that i can start manufacturing building small product

ARM processors are advanced mostly 32 bit processors, these are basically system-on-chip devices or SOC.

This means the processor is like a tiny computer with quite advanced capabilities. Due to the compact size and capabilities these are used in smartphones and tablets. however due to the popularity and low cost of these chips you can also find these used in medical equipment (like blood pressure monitors, glucometer etc.), fitness equipment etc.

if you are looking into getting into ARM processors, try Cypress (cypress.com), they have cheap development kits that are quite good for entry level and learning purposes. Their PSOC development software (free for commercial use) is quite unique and unlike any other in the market.

The PIC series are micro-controllers, as such are not SOCs like the ARM. However they are quite cheap and are popular for small projects. For more info see Microchip site (microchip.com).

The choice of the processor (whether ARM or PIC) will depend on the complexity, cost and other factors, this is difficult to decide without further information

Last edited:

ok, what is the use of AVR are microchip and avr are used in professional product in which?

No idea about AVR, we use Microchip in our products for our automation products. We use mostly 18F series (8 bit) for controlling stepper motors and communication with external devices using RS 485 communication.

We use ARM products for mostly in-house development purposes.

please tell all the product i have never seen it in product rather than college project

Status
Not open for further replies.