Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Detecting solenoid ON and OFF state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prakash12345

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to detect solenoid ON and OFF state.
If solenoid ON, with respect to HIGH signal no problem.
If solenoid not working means with respect to HIGH signal, solenoid remains OFF state. In that situation I have to generate HIGH or LOW signal.
So I designed a circuit with XOX gate attached here.
I have to detect 128 solenoid ON/OFF state.
My question is, this circuit is will withstand for 128 solenoid?
If not means any other solution?
Solenoid.jpg

Hi,

in your case input_1 is continously HIGH, making a NOT gate.. it just inverts the logic state of input_2.

instead of using 128 mechanical switches (I don´t like) you could just measure the coil current.

A diode and a resistor in one of the power lines of the solenoid... generates about 0.6...1.0V when solenoid is properly powered, but 0V when not powered (or contact problem, or broken wire).

128 is a huge count, therefore I´d check them serially instead of parallel.

--> a diode and a resistor at each of the 128 solenoids. 8 pieces of 1:16 analog MUX, a 1 of 8 digital demux (like HC138) and a comparator with 300mV threshold.

Klaus

Klaus

Hi,
Actually input_1 is a HIGH or LOW signal from micro-controller using decoding technique. At some situation solenoid may not work like you(@KlausST) said. Using XOR gate I comparing signal from micro-controller and solenoid state. XOR gate will produce HIGH o/p if inputs are in different state.Solenoid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back