Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD8428 output offset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Emre ÖZ

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i use AD8428. +V 4.99V and -V 5.01V if i not connect anythink to +/- input, i see -0.06V from output . If i connecto all input to GND this time i see 24mv from output of AD8428. How can i set offset output voltage ?

Thank u

When compared to the datasheet the offset voltage which you are getting is very high. Better check for the noises in the ground and try to eliminate it. Use a stable DC voltage to power the instrumentation amplifier.Noise on the supply pins can adversely affect performance.

Place a 0.1 μF capacitor as close as possible to each supply pin. Because the length of the bypass capacitor leads is critical at high frequency, surface-mount capacitors are recommended. Parasitic inductance in the bypass ground trace works against the low impedance created by the bypass capacitor. a 10 μF capacitor can be used farther away from the device. For larger value capacitors, which are intended to be effective at lower frequencies, the current return path distance is less critical. In most cases, the 10 μF capacitor can be shared by other precision integrated circuits.

I added 100nf,10nf,1nf and 10uf capacitor each voltage input. But output voltage is same. I think add resistor Vin+ and Vin- is useful ?

Hi,

show your circuit please.

if i not connect anythink to +/- input
--> this means floating. DON´T let inputs floating. This measurement makes no sense!

If i connecto all input to GND this time i see 24mv from output of AD8428.
according datasheet you can calculate with max. 25uV input ofsset current.
--> multiply this with your gain of 2000 then you may expect 50mV output offfset voltage. You see 24mV --> this is within specification.

Klaus

Klaus mentions a gain of 2000. I don't see your circuit's gain mentioned in your post...perhaps it was edited out?

What is your circuit's gain? What value resistors are you using? Share your circuit please!
Very high valued resistors require that the + and - inputs see a balanced resistance, otherwise Ios may produce an undesirable voltage offset.

Hi,

This is an instrumentation amplifier.
Both inputs are the same high impedance.
I see a 10M at the IN+, but none on the IN-.
Usually both inputs should be treated the same, therefore i recommend to connect a 10M to the IN- too.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.