Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DMA in Zynq using vivado for transfer to and from Zynq PS to microblaze and vice vers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunayana Chakradhar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I plan to use DMA in Zynq PS and connect it with Microblaze. I need to transfer data to and from Zynq PS to microblaze using this DMA. I found in the configuration wizard that the Zynq PS has its DMA in the form of peripheral request interface and when I enable this it appears on the zynq PS. How should i connect these port to microblaze? I have seen that there are no DMA options in microblaze. Also there is another AXI DMA IP core which I can add on the PL and use it to connect between Zynq PS and Microblaze.Which of these 2 DMAs is recommended. Is there any document/ white paper which explains the procedure of connnecting Zynq PS to the Microblaze?

I am not very new to this type of work. The reason why i asked was to know when exactly I should use the PS DMA and when exactly the AXI DMA IP core. If I enable the PS DMA, I don't find any mechanism through which I can connect to Microblaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back