Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V halogen lamp soft starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a 12V halogen lamp PWM soft starter for my car. Every time a turn on the motor after a 5s delay the low light bean turns on using a PWM soft start method so the life of the bulbs will be very long. I think that the only way to monitor the engine is using an alternator signal picked-up in the terminal W, see a test here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61SbhHgZBo, a zener voltage limiter in the PIC12F629 input will do the job.

Regards,

Fernando

A simple way to make PWM with growing duty cycle, is to apply a rising voltage to the CTL pin of a 555 pulse generator.

The capacitor at left charges gradually, creating the rising voltage over a period of several seconds.

Is this for your headlamp? Homemade circuitry controlling your headlamp is risky. A malfunction could disable your headlamp just when you need it.

And it's a good idea to install a relay, closing it at the end of your soft start, so the lamp runs on 100 pct duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back