Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single-ended and fully differential opamp, how to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alles Gute

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is said that fully differential opamp have many advantages over Single-ended opamp, better CMRR, larger voltage swing etc.
However, there are still many single-ended opamp in application. Why not just go fully differential?

Re: Single-ended and fully differential opamp, how to choose

simplicity goes with single ended amps..u dont need to generate bias voltages and no efforts in developing CMFB ckts..

With fully diff opamp you get much better Signal to noise ratio.

Fully differential OpAmps have lots of advantages over their Single ended counterparts. However, matching with old circuits make some companies to produce thier old products. But I don't agree with you. I mean , I don't think single-ended Amplifiers are so common nowadays. Even I know lots of people who don't call a single-ended amp an OpAmp.
Don't hesitate in using fully differential OpAmps.

Regards,
EZT

Addiditonal CMFB circuit is necessary for fully differential opamps. Stability issue should be take care. That's the major drawback of fully differentail opamps.

Differential amplifiers have higher power consumptuion, but they are not much sensitive on a power supply variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.