Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone knows about Texas Instruments UA789?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
does anyone have information about TI UA789, most likely an operational amplifier or special purpose analog IC. Manufactured in the 70th or 80th.

Curiously TI support doesn't know about it any more.

Regards,
FvM

ua789.jpg

Hi,

Check circuit, maybe it is something similar to LFC789.

Klaus

uA789CP may have been a short run device that never made production volumes, or a special client code

An ancient 709 OpAmp in DIP-8 package?

Thanks for the comments. I agree that it's probably a short run device, client codes have usually a different format, e.g. pure numerical.

DIP-8 package is already coded in the standard "CP" postfix. I found out in the meantime that the device has a pinout similar to UA709, so it could be something like a precision UA709 (e.g. with lower offset). Other OPs in the module are UA741, by the way.

I was hoping that somebody knows UA789 explicitly.

Best regards
FvM

could well be a 709 just with slightly off printing that makes it look like 789...

Status
Not open for further replies.