Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ROM and FFT relation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosyas41

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a question about how I can relate ROM and FFT( from https://opencores.org/project,versatile_fft). In ROM I write some data
HTML:
LIBRARY ieee;
    USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
	 use STD.textio.all;
    ENTITY sync_rom IS
     PORT (
      clock: IN std_logic;
      address: IN integer range 0 to 511;
      sample_i: OUT integer range 0 to 255;
	   sample_q: OUT integer range 0 to 255	
     );
    END sync_rom;
    ARCHITECTURE rtl OF sync_rom IS
    BEGIN
    PROCESS (clock)
     BEGIN
     IF rising_edge (clock) THEN
      CASE address IS
       WHEN 0 => 
		    sample_i <= 128;
		    sample_q <= 128;
       WHEN 16 => 
			 sample_i <= 128;
			 sample_q <= 128;
		 WHEN 70 =>
			 sample_i <= 128;
			 sample_q <= 128;      
		 WHEN 400 => 
			 sample_i <= 128;
			 sample_q <= 128;
       WHEN OTHERS  => 
		 	 sample_i <= 0;
			 sample_q <= 0;

END CASE;
     END IF;
     END PROCESS;

END rtl;
and after this,data which located in ROM should go to FFT block.Could you pls give some hint about how I can connect those two blocks ROM and FFT
Im using multiple_units part

Last edited:

You connect them together in another file via a port map. Please see a VHDL text book or tutorial on how to do port mappings.

yes I know how to connect using port map/but with which block in FFT engine from open cores I should connect my ROM/because there are many blocks inside fft.As I understood I should connect ROM with block called dp_ram_rbw_inf_vhd?

I suggest contacting the author as he is the one likely to understand best.
I doubt anyone here has much experience with anything off opencores.

but with which block in FFT engine from open cores I should connect my ROM/because there are many blocks inside fft.
It is difficult (in time) for others to go through the entire project, understand it and then come back and comment here. You have the read the project docu and understand the arch. Look for comments inline, inside the RTL to get hints regarding which is connected to what. See the component declaration area in the top-level RTL file/s and then look for files with similar entity names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back